NOXXON Pharma is a biopharmaceutical company pioneering the development of a new class of proprietary therapeutics called Spiegelmers*, the chemically synthesized, non-immunogenic alternative to antibodies. NOXXON has a diversified portfolio of clinical stage Spiegelmer therapeutics:
• anti-hepcidin Spiegelmer® lexaptepid pegol (NOX-H94) for anemia of chronic disease
• anti-CXCL12/SDF-1 Spiegelmer® olaptesed pegol (NOX-A12) for oncology
• anti-CCL2/MCP-1 Spiegelmer® emapticap pegol (NOX-E36) for diabetic nephropathy
The Spiegelmer platform provides the company with powerful and unique discovery capabilities, which have generated a number of additional leads under preclinical investigation. Located in Berlin, Germany, NOXXON is a mature, well-financed biotech company with a strong syndicate of international investors, and approximately 55 employees.
• Stereospecificity of Oligonucleotide Interactions Revisited: No Evidence for Heterochiral Hybridization and Ribozyme/DNAzyme Activity.
• A Novel CGRP-neutralizing Spiegelmer Attenuates Neurogenic Plasma Protein Extravasation.
• Turning mirror-image oligonucleotides into drugs: the evolution of Spiegelmer therapeutics.
Berlin, Germany and Boston, USA
2014, December 10
New Addition to NOXXON Supervisory Board Brings Significant US Public Market Expertise