NOXXON Pharma is a biopharmaceutical company pioneering the development of a new class of proprietary therapeutics called Spiegelmers*, the chemically synthesized, non-immunogenic alternative to antibodies. NOXXON has a diversified portfolio of clinical stage Spiegelmer therapeutics:
• anti-CCL2/MCP-1 Spiegelmer® emapticap pegol (NOX-E36) for diabetic nephropathy
• anti-CXCL12/SDF-1 Spiegelmer® olaptesed pegol (NOX-A12) for oncology
• anti-hepcidin Spiegelmer® lexaptepid pegol (NOX-H94) for anemia of chronic disease
The Spiegelmer platform provides the company with powerful and unique discovery capabilities, which have generated a number of additional leads under preclinical investigation. Located in Berlin, Germany, NOXXON is a mature, well-financed biotech company with a strong syndicate of international investors, and approximately 60 employees.
• The anti-hepcidin Spiegelmer Lexaptepid Pegol (NOX-H94) as treatment of anemia of chronic disease in patients with multiple myeloma, low grade lymphoma, and CLL: A phase II pilot study.
• SDF-1 Inhibition Targets the Bone Marrow Niche for Cancer Therapy.
Kai Riecke, Dirk Zboralski
SMI 6th Conference on RNA Therapeutics
Berlin, Germany and Boston, USA
2014, September 26
Cell Reports Publication on the Mechanism of Action of NOXXONs Anti-SDF-1 Spiegelmer Olaptesed Pegol (NOX-A12) in Preclinical Multiple Myeloma Models